Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Convert to LED lighting and Save on the Carbon Footprint

I recently purchased a UPS Store franchise.  The lighting was less than optimal and not very aesthetic.  With my success at home with the installation of LED lighting, I went ahead and replaced 64 four-foot long T8 fluorescent lamps and 15 two-food long T8 fluorescent lamps with LED lamps. An Xcel Energy consultant (our energy company) give me the estimate and the specifications of what I needed. It took 4 hours to replace all 79 lamps.  The lighting is now clean, bright and fresh, not dingy and spotty.  It improves the readability of everything in the store and everywhere in the store.  Xcel Energy will rebate some of the cost of converting.  After rebates, I estimate that my payback will be about 18 months.  I will provide a chart in a month or two to show the savings.

Get out there and convert to LED. 

No comments:

Post a Comment